Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas presents 2007

[click for details]

So while it was blizzarding outside and Ann Arbor was getting nine inches of snow, I stayed warm and toasty indoors making chocolate truffles for our Christmas presents this year. For the past two years (see here and here) we've made gifts-in-jars, and while I had wanted to keep the tradition this year, Jude showed me this article from the NYT last week about how easy it is to make your own chocolate truffles. And indeed, it truly is.

All you need is two ingredients- good quality chocolate (we used semi-sweet/bittersweet) and cream- and in three steps, you're on your way to your very own little morsel of chocolate heaven. There are time-consuming parts, like chopping the chocolate and coating the truffles in cocoa powder/ powdered-sugar & cinnamon, but I actually found the entire process to be very calming. And because I was working so close to the kitchen window, watching the falling snow while getting my hands all gooey with chocolate was its own kind of sweet pleasure :)

No comments: