Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Introducing the iBand (and the other varieties of handheld touchscreen muscial performers)



It used to be that you could rock out and form a band with 2 turntables and a microphone. Now, it's 2 jailbroken iPhones with a Nintendo DS. With a variety of musical applications coming on to handheld devices, there's been a lot of experimentation with both creating and performing music with these devices. Check out this other video that highlights a one man production studio with a variety of other touchscreen devices:



I don't have an iPhone, so I am not sure what applications are out there for muscial creation or production. However, my 2 favorite DS music applications are:

1) Electroplankton



2) Jam Session



Serene didn't believe me when I told her that the Nintendo DS could have uses beyond games ;)

No comments: