Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Fierce!


Finally, after four seasons for Project Runway, the contestant who truly deserved to win won! Jude and I were rooting for both Christian and Jillian when the finale started but once we saw Christian's collection come down the runway, we knew he had to win. Everything was stunning, like "take your breath away, never in the four seasons, it made Posh Spice smile" stunning. And we still can't believe he's only 21. I was trying to remember what I had accomplished by the time I was 21, and then I decided, nevermind...

Until today probably, I was staunchly in Camp Jillian. I love how neurotically adorable she is, how interesting she keeps her designs- edgy but cute, bold but wearable (except for maybe that Twizzlers dress, although even pulling that off was ingenious...). But today, Christian's clothes were art. Throughout the season, with the exception of that one prom dress disaster, almost everything Christian has made has been dramatic, unique and phenomenal looking- from his first tartan-inspired outfit to that gorgeously layered couture gown; even the leather and lace thing he made for the wrestling diva was- in his words, fierce, fabulous and flawless!! I suppose it helps that he sews like Speedy Gonzales... His cockiness really annoyed me initially but gradually, it actually became kind of endearing. And I really felt for him today as he stood there waiting to hear the judge's final decision- there was none of the usual confidence and self-assuredness, and you could sense the palpable trepidation- the poor thing could barely contain his tears... In that instance, it really struck me that he *is* only 21- a kid, so freaking talented, just waiting for the rest of his life to open before him. When they announced him as the winner and he practically collapsed into a puddle of emotion from sheer happiness, that became one of my favorite TV moments this year :)
This is getting ferosh. If I was a diva, my name would be Ferosh!
-Christian Siriano

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was definitely the BEST project runway finale ever. As I watched Christian break down waiting for the announcement, I couldn't figure out if he was nervous or if he knew that he won. Either way, I thought he was a deserving winner. Can't wait till next year.

Chris said...

Dear! Cable here is only showing episode 4/5, and I caught a coupld of names here and there! Ouch! Spoiler alert!

Chris

serene said...

sorry!!! but still, watching all the different outfits will still be as fun! keep an eye out for the couture challenge- that's my favorite so far!