Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

There's no real point to this post


Pescadero Beach
Originally uploaded by ghetto of our mind
Once in a while, I see a toddler or an older kid and I wonder how Sophie will be at that age. Like this morning at Philz where I saw a little girl who's probably about three. She even looked like Sophie- round face, bright eyes, wide smile, pudgy hands... :) I smiled at her (and she gave me a goofy grin in return) and I found myself missing Sophie a whole ton even though I had just dropped her off at daycare 10 minutes before. The little girl really reminded me of her. And she was chatty too, like how I think Sophie's going to be when she grows up, one of those little girls who will talk her parents heads off about everything and anything, from the color of her socks to why she can't eat sand. She already jabbers on and on all the time- sometimes I wonder what kind of internal narrative is playing in her head. I can't wait for the day when she can string a coherent sentence together (although I'm sure I'll regret that sentiment when she's four and chatting non-stop on a long road trip about why chickens only have two legs...)

The little girl at Philz was really affectionate with her parents too, something we're really appreciating with Sophie right now. I'm not sure if it's a developmental thing or a function of spending so much time with just the two of us. On weekend mornings when we have no where to rush to, we loll around in bed snuggling, tickling her, smothering her with kisses, talking with her about what we're going to do the rest of the day; some times, instead of playing with her toys, she'd rather climb into our laps and cuddle. Just cuddle. And every morning, when I pick her out of her crib when she wakes up, I get a nice nuzzle into the cradle of my neck while I inhale the smell of pure Sophieness. I hope she never outgrows this-- at least for a while-- because I will miss it so much.

No comments: