Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 15, 2006

The first two days home...

... have been a whirlwind of activity. I want to say that I've been relaxing and trying to slowly recover from the dastardly jetlag, but I haven't. With my best friends wedding happening in less than 24 hours, I've actually been panicking along with her (although I'm sure for rather different reasons...):
1) After walking around the mall for almost 2 hours, I finally found a nice pair of shoes to go with my dress. They're tan/gold suede peep-toes and my first 2-inch heels. I'm a little nervous about walking down the aisle in them, but as the priest said at the wedding rehearsal last night, walk slowly. Besides, the best man's like 6ft 4in- I think he only hears echoes when I talk to him from down here...
2) We're going to the bridal shop today to pick up her gown. There's kneeling involved in the ceremony and guess who's going to have to make sure that she can get up and down in her dress while herself being in 2-inch heels... I hope neither one of us falls.
3) I'm bravely going to get a haircut today. Of the people I've told this too, only the women understand what an act of courage this is, to get a haircut the day before a big event... I'm telling myself that no one's looking at me, but there's no way I'm going to walk down the aisle with what's masquerading as a decent hairstyle right now.
4) I've been stressing out about this speech I'm giving... How does one strike the balance between the right dose of funny without being inappropriate, moving without being overtly emotional; short without being forgettable, but just the right length without getting boring?... I wrote something up on the plane and I think I'm going to have to send it to Jude to ask for his opinion. I read it to Sam and she thinks it's sweet. But she's also thirteen- Singapore Idol rocked her world. Enough said.

So anyway, the next 36 hours will be a little stressful but ultimately also very exciting. My best friend is marrying a man who's made her happier than she's ever been and that just knocks my socks off!... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.