Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 03, 2008

At last...

I've never hated to be in Chicago. Until 2 days ago.

So I'm home. Finally. After 48 harrowing hours of flights delayed, cancelled, re-routed, terminals mixed up, plane engines ingesting birds (no, I'm not making this up...), sad airport hotels, flights across Detroit, Chicago, D.C. and Tokyo. A journey that would have taken 22 hours (not that *that* isn't long enough in itself) took me close to 50. Considering that everything that could go wrong on an international flight did go wrong, until I was physically holding all my bags and walking towards Jude and my sis last night, I was convinced something else was going to go awry, I would have a nervous breakdown, and then lose my mind completely.

But all is well now- I'm on the same soil as Jude and my family, I did my first session of data collection this morning (I know, why?...) which went extremely well, am having a relaxing lunch at home with poor Sam who has the day off from school because of a bad viral flu, and I think I'm recovering part of the little bit of sanity I lost over the last 2 days. I feel impending jetlag creeping up upon me, but I'm home, and really, *I* could be the one down with the viral flu and I would still be happy :)

5 comments:

darkorpheus said...

welcome home.

serene said...

thanks! when are you working next week? I'll try to pop by Kino :)

darkorpheus said...

Monday and Friday - office hours 9-6pm. Tuesday to Thursday I have to be at Liang Court. But I'm usually in the office most of the time, but you can ask the counters to give me a buzz if you're around.

darkorpheus said...

Just curious - what was the first thing you ate when you came home? :)

serene said...

My mom's home cooking :) Yumm...