Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 27, 2006

30

No, I'm not going to wax all philosophical about what it means to turn 30 today, or dispense pearls of wisdom as if I've gained this new insight into the metaphysics of existence. Honestly, I don't feel any different today than I did yesterday (except maybe 3lbs heavier considering the indulgent birthday breakfast I got free from Angelo's this morning- corned beef hash with raisin toast and a side of bacon. What a way to embrace your age, with a one-way ticket straight to cardiac-arrest central...)

But, if there is one sentiment to be shared on this momentous occasion though, I guess it would have to be gratitude. Gratitude for being able to do something I love and enjoy everyday, and that even though I might not be making as much money as people much younger than I am, I have the privilege of being constantly challenged, humbled, but also strengthened, that I may do something good for others in the future; gratitude for the people who love me- my parents and sisters who are never far from my mind even if they are far away geographically; and my friends (both near and far) who love me for simply who I am and ask for nothing more.

And most importantly, I am thankful for the blessing of waking up every morning next to a good, kind man who makes me laugh everyday, and with whom I can't wait to spend the next 30 years of my life (and the next 30 after that too...)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. Don't forget to bake a couple waffles to celebrate;-)

Noor said...

happy happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

birthday wishes!! =) have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms.Koh,

Have a fanatastic birthday!

Nick said...

WAH SO CUTE

serene said...

thanks everyone for your lovely wishes!! :)

A said...

Ahh...I'm late! Happy Birthday, though!

We do love you for who you are, but more - for how awesome you make us feel inside! : )

Stan D. said...

Wait, wait, "good, kind man"? Does Jude know about him?

I kid, I kid - happy birthday, Serene!

jude said...

Stan, stan, stan. We are waiting for an announcement to come out of Boston very soon. I am saving my air miles for that ...

Chris said...

Girl, Happy Birthday!!! Ai yo! Welcome to "30-hood"! Suddenly got only three candles to blow! Horror hor! Take care!

serene said...

hey chris! thanks for the greeting!! :) can i please say again how much i lurve your baby blog!! :)

Zahra said...

I forgot your birth date is the same as Jennie's. Happy (late) Birthday!

Chris said...

Love your blog too. er... is it yours or jude as well? cos he blogs like whenever there is a full moon? lol