Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Step out of the car please.

*Drats*… so I got pulled over for the first time today. Yes, you heard right. Pulled over. By cops. With the whole blaring sirens, lights flashing, you’ve-been-identified-as-breaking-the-law routine. And for what? Because I did an illegal right turn on the No Turn on Red corner from South University onto Washtenaw (yes, you’ve been duly warned…). I have no excuses for not seeing the sign, except that I really didn’t see the sign, but am just a little miffed that these cops had nothing better to do on a Wednesday night than to hang out on street corners waiting to catch someone turning on a red light onto a completely empty street. Isn’t there some drug party you should be breaking up or donuts you should be eating? Sheesh… Yes, you know Serene Koh’s upset when she makes snide remarks about food.

So there goes $130, and with it, my dreams of a new super-slim digital camera I was saving to buy myself for Christmas. Urgh… I am so not happy :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owww, that sucks!! But, don't worry, it gets easier every time ;)

Try disputing it in court - you might still have to pay, but it might not go on your record.

Worked for a certain yellow car owner who got pulled over FOR NOT USING HIS BLINKER... by a BIKE COP!!!

Anonymous said...

awww! that sucks!
perhaps you can convince my mom with that story to give you a discount on which ever camera u want. :) but dont tell her i said it though!

Anonymous said...

The cop lights here look like flashing christmas bulbs from far. haha, i was pulled over once for speeding- like 7 kms over the speed limit. sigh. i think universally, cops do eat donuts.