Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2007

Yes I can...

Whenever I'm struck by those moments we all encounter when I am momentarily paralyzed by the fear that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with my life, I remember one of my favorite scenes from You've Got Mail (yes, everything in Serene Koh's life can- and has been- explained by that one movie. Shut up.) Anyways... who needs Anthony Robbins and his motivational system when all you have to do is to order a cup of coffee at Starbucks? It's like walking into Chipotle and having them ask you what burrito you want; suddenly, you're in control, all becomes clear, your life has purpose, and you know exactly what you want!: "Carnitas, black beans, less rice, and salsa verde. No sour cream, no cheese. And guac. Please!"

2 comments:

srah said...

Have you seen In the Good Old Summertime? It's based on the same play that You've Got Mail was, only it's a hundred times better.

serene said...

It's an old movie made in the '40s or '50s right? I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for the recc!